Monday, June 7, 2010

BP Oil Spill and Co-Creative Thinking

I was hemming and hawing about whether or not to write about the horrific oil spill in the Gulf. It is an emotional subject for us – leaving us feeling helpless and angry. Watching the news only exacerbates how we feel, yet many still watch.


Wanting to stay positive, today I am writing about something I learned from Esther and Jerry Hicks (ABRAHAM) regarding our feelings and creating our future. It just so happens that yesterday's quote on their website states exactly what I was going for, “Whenever you are feeling less than good, if you will stop and say, Nothing is more important than that I feel good—I want to find a reason now to feel good, you will find an improved thought. Anytime you feel negative emotion, you are in the mode of resisting something that you want, and that resistance takes its toll on you. It takes its toll on your physical body, and it takes its toll on the amount of wonderful things that you are allowing to come into your experience.”
So I want positive, good, and uplifting experiences in my life. Don't you? By focusing my thoughts to good, I experience good. Some of you may be familiar with this teaching from Abraham:


According to Abraham, a thought that is held for 17 seconds (without contradiction) reaches a powerful point of change, creating a vibration or charge. It will attract an equivalent thought, and this thought will increase the vibration’s power or energy charge exponentially. After another 17 seconds, the next thought reaches an even higher vibration. This charge increases its potency with every 17 seconds, and eventually, at 68 seconds the final thought is so powerful that it will manifest for you.

I have explained this philosophy to many of my clients and the nuts and bolts of this idea is to daydream for 68 seconds. Daydream without interruption for 68 seconds and have fun (like a child). Your daydreaming should actually make you feel good and happy. Sometimes, you may want to exceed the 68 seconds because it feels so good daydreaming! Here is a YouTube video that explains this concept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmuc8_GySQ&feature=player_embedded#!


Here’s a thought, how about daydreaming about the engineers, workers, BP employees in a very positive way? I propose daydreaming about creative solutions that will work to stop this oil spill safely, securely and permanently. Daydream about cleaning the oil already spilt easily, creatively and quickly, saving the wildlife and estuaries at unexpected rates. Most of all, daydream about the joy they will feel when they have results; or the relief the engineers feel with his/her solutions. Last, how about the good results that can happen because of a tragedy like this? Yes, I said good. For instance, swift implementation of laws preventing future disasters like this. Perhaps this disaster is the turning point and the ignition for our government leaders to lead our nation toward clean energy use. There are no limits to daydreaming. The only limits are the ones you place on yourself. This world is abundant and filled with miracles every day.
You see, staying angry and talking about the devastation (to me) is useless and frankly even more harmful to the experience I want to allow into my world. It is what it is and here we are. We have a serious problem on our hands, so I propose we get solution-oriented. We do not have to be there to help…you can do it at your desk.


68 seconds of pure thought is equal to 2,000,000 action hours. The universe has a beautiful way of yielding toward our thoughts. Let’s co-create the future and send loving thoughts to everyone displaced and negatively impacted in the Gulf (even the ding-a-lings who caused this). Pass this blog along and let’s keep it going.


Ok, ok! Now I'm starting to sound like New York Housewife, Kelly Bensimon, with her "cartwheels and rainbow world." I can tell you, I am writing to you about a technique I have used and got some pretty awesome results. What are you thinking about?

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

More things of interest

If you see something that peeks your interest. Feel free to take a look.