Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: Walking Through Illusion by Betsy Otter Thompson

I was contacted about a month ago by Author, Betsy Otter Thompson to review her book, Walking Through Illusion, published earlier this year.  I was excited about the opportunity and couldn’t wait to receive her book.   Little did I know that this book would push me to make some personal and positive changes.


The style of this book reminded me of Ishmael by Daniel Quinn and the multiple books written by Esther and Jerry Hicks in that it is easy to read because it’s written in a style of conversation.  Who is the conversation with?  Jesus.   The author does not say that she is channeling (like Esther Hicks), however, her ability to open her heart and receive inspirational words and then express them in this book was altogether beautiful and healing.   She refers to it as a “merging of energy.”

The book takes us back to stories and people from the bible (like Peter, Mark, Matthew, Pilate, and Mary Magdalene to name a few), how they may have lived, thought or behaved and then teaches us how the physics of action/reaction worked in their lives.   While the term ”Law of Attraction” is never used, I understood the theory of action/reaction  to be the same.   In the book, Jesus says, “that for every emotional action taken, an emotional mirror returned.”

You do not have to be familiar with the bible to understand this book.  Most important, you do not have to believe her biblical interpretations in order to receive the lessons and gifts of the message.   At the end of each chapter Betsy Otter Thompson provides us with thought provoking questions, inspirational words and her personal insights.  All of which I thought were indispensable to the message delivered in each chapter.

Some chapter titles include Reform, Approval, Morality, Fairness, Truth, Complaints, Betrayal, Hatred and Death.  Each of the 23 chapters can individually stand on their own.  I found myself to be compelled to digest her messages thoughtfully.  Some days I had to stop reading in order to save what I had just learned.  I didn't want to ruin it by learning something new in the next chapter so quickly.  

Walking Through Illusion is a book with qualities I love I will learn something new with every read.  I can easily pick it up and read the chapter I need for that day or situation.  This is most definitely a go-to book for anyone who is looking to expand their personal growth toward understanding the theory of action/reaction and who is bravely and lovingly willing to accept their role in it.  

More information on ordering this book can be found on the author's website:  http://www.betsythompson.com/index.php


Enjoy!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

More things of interest

If you see something that peeks your interest. Feel free to take a look.