Tuesday, December 28, 2010

7 Lessons I Plan To Keep With Me For 2011

These last few years have been filled with ups and (too many) downs, poor health and deep spiritual awakenings.   As 2010 draws to a close I am surrounded by peace and calmness that feels so good and dare I say, natural?  Yesterday, my friend commented on my Facebook post with "Shanti" (definition: peace and tranquility).   Later that day, my Angel card reading was the Shanti Angel.  Today, I find a Morning Dove in my garage (the dove being the most recognized symbol of peace).   I love the Law of Synchronicity and I do believe I am ready to be in this place of peace.

So far, my experiences have taught me several lessons (some new ones and some old ones that were re-confirmed).  I thought I would share what I plan to keep for 2011 (in no particular order).

  1. NO is a perfectly good answer.  Never fear asking questions or trying something new.  I have come to see it as God telling me, "No, Maria, good try but you must go in another direction."  NO holds great power.  Not only does it guide you to where you are supposed to go--it keeps your brain clear.  You will never be left with "what if I tried" or "I wonder if."  NO has a way of clearing all that right up freeing your mind to explore more of what God wants you to experience.  My Dad taught me that when I was 18 and it has stayed with me ever since.
  2. Trust my feelings.  No matter what I am doing or saying, if it feels good to me then I know I'm on the right track.  If it doesn't -- I WON'T.  It's that simple.
  3. Surround myself with whatever keeps me feeling good.  I keep my spirit up by surrounding myself with a variety of spiritual people and messages (via tweets, radio shows and books).  I keep it going through Feng Shui, Reiki, my work and my writing.  One new age self-help book won't do it--I must act to keep it going.
  4. Gratitude.  Before I step out of bed, I give thanks for another day and for all my blessings.  Before I fall asleep I give thanks, again.  Before I eat, I give thanks. This simple, internal and personal act has revealed miracle after miracle.  If I'm not deeply grateful for what I have at the moment, how can I possibly welcome new blessings? I think I would be wasting time if I focused on what I didn't have and then (even worse) feel bad about it.  Gratitude keeps me humble and happy and awakens the beauty of who I am and where I am at the moment.  Life is about the journey--I won't dare miss out on it.
  5. Meditation.    I have learned that I hold the answers.  The more I meditate the more I have confirmed this for myself. Meditation equals calm equals better attitude (a definite plus for someone with a strong personality like myself).  By the way, you CAN meditate for as little as two minutes and if that's all the time you have, I highly recommend doing so.
  6. See with my heart.  When I find myself hurt or bothered or annoyed by someone I stop and see them through my heart.  A new perspective will come about and it clarifies it all for me.  Simple and true.
  7. Remove NEED and HATE from my vocabulary.  This is a two for one deal. Simply stated, NEED indicates a "lack of."  My life is abundant and lacks nothing. Sure, I have desires and wants....but I don't NEED.  Do you see the difference?   As for HATE...well, if God put it on this earth who am I to HATE it?  For that matter, I must have loved it first if I am going to feel anything that resembles its opposite, right?  Figure out your feelings before you get to HATE mode--you have a chance to change the course of direction and learn something about yourself.  I'll give credit to my Dad for this lesson, too.  I was only a child when he shared this with me.   A side note for my friends:  if you catch me using these words, call me out on it!  After all, practice makes perfect.

Wishing you a 2011 filled with blessings, prosperity and a whole lot of love and laughter.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

More things of interest

If you see something that peeks your interest. Feel free to take a look.